Have you ever asked yourself: “Should I delete Instagram?” You’re not alone. In fact: I deleted Instagram off my phone many years ago and it’s been liberating. However, it’s not for everyone.
Here are some good and bad reasons for deleting Instagram.
14 Good Reasons to Delete Instagram
- You aren’t happy with your progress in life right now.
- You procrastinate.
- You can’t focus.
- You can’t sit in silence for more than two seconds.
- You struggle to live in the moment and experience REAL life that’s happening around you.
- You’re getting dumber.
- You haven’t read a single book this year.
- You think what people post on Instagram is real life.
- You think your self worth is tied to how many followers, likes, and comments you get.
- You feel threatened by people who appear to be more successful than you are.
- You believe that followers, likes, and comments are a prerequisite for success.
- You value your privacy and do not authorize Instagram (Facebook) to sell your data.
- You believe the company (Facebook) is biased against your political beliefs.
- Your company isn’t driving measurable results.
7 Bad Reasons to Delete Instagram
- Your ex posted a pic with their new lover.
- Someone wrote a mean comment.
- Another app has risen in popularity.
- Your mom created an account.
- Your company is getting leads and customers from using it.
- You’re an influencer who makes a living posting on it.
- You’re doing it because of anger, not because of rationality.
Here’s how to delete Instagram if that’s the path you want to take.