Boston, MA, is one of the top cities to find the best SEO jobs! Filtering out the best job alerts can be tricky but, luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you.
Take a look at these top 5 SEO jobs for 2022, hand-picked just for you.
1. Digital Marketing Associate at Cannabis Creative Group
Following the legalization of cannabis, the Cannabis Group has emerged. Helping cannabis businesses to develop their potential, this company was founded in 2018.
There isn’t much data on employee feedback. The one review at Glassdoor still gives the company a clear 5-star rating.
This “420 friendly company” is offering an opportunity in PPC and SEO jobs.
This role is based in Newton, just 7 miles from downtown Boston, MA. It focuses on managing SEO campaigns, with asking for at least a year of SEO analytics experience.
Glassdoor estimates a salary of between $40,000 and $86,000. The average salary for the role in Boston, MA is $75,000.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for something a little different. If you want to focus on a specific industry and find a company that aligns with your values, this is a great choice.
You will be responsible for:
- an SEO strategy creation
- website content
- in-depth content strategy
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience required
- Focus on PPC campaigns with good knowledge of SEO required
- Work in a growing industry
- Based in the Newton, MA, office a few miles from downtown Boston, MA
2. Senior Search Engine Specialist at Syntagma Group
This senior role with Syntagma Group is to work in the recruiting and consulting sector. A smaller agency with just 50 employees wants your help with its SEO strategies.
Syntagma Group matches job alerts to talent to ensure everyone gets what they need. This agency works with technology, financial services, finance and accounting, and creative services.
The job ad emphasizes their “cool office”. So you can expect to find a good working environment and company culture. This is a role suited for anyone who enjoys technical and content SEO.
The average annual pay for SEO jobs in Boston, MA is $64,000. When applying and interviewing, applicants for this job alert should keep this in mind.
This role offers the opportunity to work on enterprise-level sites and tell compelling stories with data.
- At least 3 years of experience required for the role
- A smaller digital agency with opportunities to learn and grow
- Join a recruiting agency team in their growth
- Located on Main Street in Charlestown
3. Digital Marketing & SEO Analyst at EnergySage
EnergySage is an online marketplace that helps consumers to make the right energy choices. The fast-growing website team is looking for a principal SEO analyst.
If you take advantage of the latest job alert and join the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- new website content
- on-page SEO
- SEO team planning
- creating Google search performance reports
EnergySage jobs have a 4.9 rating on Glassdoor. Employees appreciate the culture and career growth, and many approve of the CEO too.
There is a strong team, although it’s small. This is a Boston company, with headquarters based in the city.
The average SEO analyst salary in Boston, MA, is $62,000 per year, while a digital marketing analyst typically earns around $71,000. The salaries at EnergySage for other roles are roughly in line with averages for the area.
Being remote during the pandemic, EnergySage emphasizes that they are otherwise an in-person workforce. Their office is based in downtown Boston, MA.
EnergySage aims to build a diverse workforce looking for varied experiences and talent skillsets. For this role, they want someone with proven digital marketing skills who can interpret web analytics and develop an SEO strategy.
- In-person working in their downtown Boston office
- Emphasis on diversity of perspectives
- Proven digital marketing experience required, with SEO experience a bonus
4. SEO & CRO Manager at Gelato
Gelato provides on-demand customized items. Their clients can order T-shirts, mugs, and other products.
But, behind the scenes, this role offers a chance to get involved with their online growth. Like other marketing jobs, this position’s ultimate goal is to grow the number of converted clients.
If you are interested in both SEO and click-rate optimization, consider this managerial position. As a manager, you could receive a salary of between $100,000 and $150,000, according to Gelato. This is high compared to the average SEO jobs salary, which is $81,000 and includes CRO management.
Gelato is a European company with its headquarters in Oslo, Norway. In Boston, MA, they search for employees to work with their OptimalPrint brand.
The right talent needs to understand the business, clients’ needs, and the correlation of Google traffic and sales. You should be able to work cross-functionally with multiple teams.
Gelato has a Glassdoor score of 4.7. Gelato receives praise for its culture and fast-paced environment. However, some people do highlight the tough work.
In addition to a competitive salary, employees can expect various advantages. Current employees mentioned health insurance, working from home, and gym discounts.
- Salary of $100,000-$150,000 plus benefits
- Requires a master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or another data-driven or marketing field
- Four years of record of SEO jobs and two years of experience in CRO required
5. Senior SEO Specialist at Media Cause
Media Cause helps nonprofit organizations with their marketing and creative talent needs. Founded in 2010, headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Boston, MA, Washington DC, and Atlanta.
Media Cause jobs rating has a 4.7-star rating on Glassdoor, including a 100% approval rate of their CEO Eric Facas. Employees say that management cares about their employees and that there are great teams and leadership.
Other senior jobs at the agency’s Boston office offer a salary of at least $76,000, if not much more. The average salary for a senior SEO specialist in Boston is a little more than $78,000.
Employees can enjoy various perks and benefits. Their family-first work environment offers flexible working options such as working from home.
Health, dental, and vision benefit plans are also available. Other benefits include mental health Fridays, stipends for wellness, and professional development.
- Work to help support nonprofit organizations and do some good
- Competitive salary and multiple benefits
- Remote and flexible working options are available
- Seeking experience, rather than degree qualifications
We have conducted an advanced search for SEO jobs in Boston, MA, so you skip the boring part. If you applied to any of the jobs found, it’s time to get ready for an interview!
Chances are you’ve seen the plethora of websites on how to get your foot in the door. The truth is, there isn’t one specific path that will guarantee a hire.
Don’t forget to stay calm, confident, have your resume and SEO certifications ready.
We believe this list of top five SEO jobs for 2022 in Boston, MA, will help you join the digital agency of your dream!
Not in Boston? Check these SEO jobs out:
- SEO Jobs in St Louis
- SEO Jobs in Chicago
- SEO Jobs in Austin
- SEO Jobs in Dallas
- SEO Jobs in Houston
- SEO Jobs in Denver
- SEO Jobs in Philadelphia
- SEO Jobs in Los Angeles
- SEO Jobs in San Diego
- SEO Jobs in San Francisco
- SEO Jobs in New York City
- SEO Jobs in Seattle
- SEO Jobs in Miami
- SEO Jobs in Tampa
- SEO Jobs in Atlanta
- SEO Jobs in Salt Lake City
- Top 10 Best Fort Lauderdale SEO Companies for 2022 - April 7, 2022
- Top 10 Best Scottsdale SEO Companies for 2022 - April 5, 2022
- Siteliner Review 2022: How to Use It Like an SEO Pro - April 3, 2022