MP4 is the best video format for YouTube. YouTube does recommend using MP4 with H.256 video codec and AAC audio codec because it produces high-quality videos with small file sizes. MPEG4, MOV, WMV, AVI, FLV, 3GPP, and MPEG PS video formats are also supported on YouTube.
I’ve always used MP4 as my video format on YouTube and it’s helped me go from 0 to 20,000 subscribers.
I’ve also been able to rank on YouTube’s organic search for keywords like “SEO expert“:
Now here’s the truth:
Simply knowing the best video format for YouTube does not mean your videos will succeed.
The way to get more subscribers and views is by knowing A) how to create engaging videos and B) how to promote your videos.
This video will help:
And check these resources if you want even better results on YouTube:
- How Long Does It Take to Get 4,000 Watch Hours on YouTube?
- How to Get 4000 Watch Hours on YouTube
- How to Get 1000 Subscribers on YouTube
- Do You Need a Youtube End Screen Template? 2020 Study
- Top 3 Best Link Building Services (We Spent $1 Million to Find Out) - April 20, 2022
- SEO for Roofers: Definitive Guide for 2022 - April 18, 2022
- I Read 26 of the Best SEO Books on Amazon (Here’s the Top 5 for 2022) - April 12, 2022